Bible Verse of the Day

Sunday, March 10, 2013

King of Glory, King of Peace

King of Glory, King of Peace
Text written by George Herbert (1593-1633)
Sung to GWALCHMAI composed by Joseph David Jones (1827-1870)


Psalm 6:9 The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts my prayer.

Psalm 24:8 Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.

Isaac 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

V. 1 King of glory, King of peace,
I will love Thee;
And that love may never cease,
I will love Thee.
Thou hast granted my request,
Thou hast heard me;
Thou didst note my working breast,
Thou hast spared me.

Psalm 9:1 I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart;I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.

Psalm 51:3, 9 For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.
 Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. 

V. 2 Wherefore with my utmost art
I will sing Thee,
And the cream of all my heart
I will bring Thee.
Though my sins against me cried,
Thou didst clear me;
And alone, when they replied,
Thou didst hear me.

Psalm 52:9 For what you have done I will always praise you in the presence of your faithful people. And I will hope in your name, for your name is good.

V. 3 Seven whole days, not one in seven,
I will praise Thee;
In my heart, though not in heav'n,
I can raise Thee.
Small it is, in this poor sort
To enroll Thee:
Ev'n eternity's too short
To extol me.

No comments: