Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Jesus, Your Blood and Righteousness

Jesus, Your Blood and Righteousness
Text written by Nicolaus L. von Zinzendorf (1700-1760), translated by John Wesley (1703-1791)
Sung to GARDINER, from "Wm. Gardiner's Sacred Melodies," 1815

Psalm 3:3 But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.

1 Corinthians 1:30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

V. 1 Jesus, Your blood and righteousness
My beauty are, my glorious dress;
Mid flaming worlds, in these arrayed,
With joy shall I lift up my head.

John 8:10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

V. 2 Bold shall I stand in that great day,
Cleansed and redeemed, no debt to pay;
For by Your cross, absolved I am
From sin and guilt, from fear and shame.

Romans 5:11 Not only is this so, but we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

V. 3 Lord, I believe Your precious blood,
Which at the mercy seat of God
Please for the captives' liberty,
Was also shed in love for me.

John 5:25 Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.

V. 4 When from the dust of death I rise
To claim my mansion in the skies,
This then shall be my only plea:
Christ Jesus lived and died for me.

No comments: