Bible Verse of the Day

Friday, March 15, 2013

My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less

My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less
Text written in 1834 by Edward Mote (1797-1874)
Hymn tune composed in 1863 by Wm. B. Bradbury (1816-1868)


Psalm 143:11 For your name’s sake, Lord, preserve my life;
in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.

V. 1 My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.

Matthew 7:24, 26  “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock....But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand."

Refrain: On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

Acts 15:11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.

Hebrews 6:19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain.

V. 2 When darkness seems to veil His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
Refrain

Psalm 18:18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support.

V. 3 His oath, His covenant, and blood,
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
Refrain

Philippians 3:9 ...And be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 

Jude 24 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy.

V. 4 When He shall come with trumpet sound,
O may I then in Him be found;
Clad in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
Refrain

No comments: