Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I'd Rather Have Jesus

I'd Rather Have Jesus
Text written in 1922 by Rhea F. Miller (1894-1966)
Tune composed in 1939 by George Beverly Shea (1909-1976)


Matthew 16:26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?

V. 1 I'd rather have Jesus than silver or gold,
I'd rather be His than have riches untold;
I'd rather have Jesus than houses or lands,
I'd rather be led by His nail-pierced hand.

Refrain: Thank to be the king of a vast domain
Or be held in sin's dread sway;
I'd rather have Jesus than anything
This world affords today.

V. 2 I'd rather have Jesus than men's applause,
I'd rather be faithful to His dear cause;
I'd rather have Jesus than worldwide fame,
I'd rather be true to His holy name.
Refrain

Psalm 19:10 They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the honeycomb.

Song of Solomon 2:2 Like a lily among thorns
is my darling among the young women.

V. 3 He's fairer than lilies of rarest bloom,
He's sweeter than honey from out the comb;
He's all that my hungering spirit needs,
I'd rather have Jesus and let Him lead.
Refrain

No comments: