Bible Verse of the Day

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing

Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing
Text written in 1758 by Robert Robinson (1735-1790)
Sung to NETTLETON, from John Wyeth's "Respository," 1813


1 Samuel 7:12 Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer, saying, “Thus far the Lord has helped us.”

Psalm 36:9 For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.

Matthew 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

V. 1 Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me ever to adore Thee,
May I still Thy goodness prove,
While the hope of endless glory 
Fills my heart with joy and love.

V. 2 Here I raise my Ebenezer,
Hither by Thy help I've come,
And I hope by Thy good pleasure
Safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
Wandering from the fold of God;
He to rescue me from danger
Interposed His precious blood.

2 Corinthians 9:14 And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. 

V. 3 O, to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind me closer still to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart--O, take and seal it;
Seal it for Thy courts above.

No comments: