Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The King of Love My Shepherd Is

The King of Love My Shepherd Is
Text written in 1868 by H. W. Baker (1821-1877)
Sung to DOMINUS REGIT ME, composed in 1868 by John B. Dykes (1823-1876)


Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack.

V. 1 The King of love my Shepherd is,
Whose goodness faileth never;
I nothing lack if I am His,
And He is mine forever.

Psalm 23:2 He lets me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.

V. 2 Where streams of living water flow
My ransomed soul He leadeth,
And, where the verdant pastures grow,
With food celestial feedeth.

Luke 15:5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders....

V. 3 Perverse and foolish, oft I strayed,
But yet in love He sought me,
And on His shoulder gently laid,
And home, rejoicing, brought me.

Psalm 23:6 Only goodness and faithful love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord as long as I live.

V. 4 And so through all the length of days
Thy goodness faileth never;
Good Shepherd! I would sing Thy praise
Within Thy house forever.

No comments: