Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

In Heavenly Love Abiding

In Heavenly Love Abiding
Text written in 1850 by Anna Waring (1820-1910)
Sung to NYLAND, a Finnish Hymn arranged in 1927 by David Evans (1874-1948)


Psalm 125:2 As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the Lord is round about his people from henceforth even for ever.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

V. 1 In heavenly love abiding,
No change my heart shall fear;
And safe is such confiding,
For nothing changes here.
The storm may roar without me,
My heart may low be laid;
But God is round about me,
And can I be dismayed?

Psalm 23:1, 3 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want....He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

V. 2 Wherever He may guide me,
No want shall turn me back;
My Shepherd is beside me,
And nothing can I lack.
His wisdom ever waketh,
His sight is never dim;
He knows the way He taketh,
And I will walk with Him.

Psalm 23:2, 4 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters....Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

V. 3 Green pastures are before me,
Which yet I have not seen;
Bright skies will soon be o'er me,
Where darkest clouds have been.
My hope I cannot measure,
My path to life is free;
My Savior has my treasure,
And He will walk with me.

No comments: