Bible Verse of the Day

Sunday, April 07, 2013

Father, Lead Me Day by Day

Father, Lead Me Day by Day
Text written in 1876 by John P. Hopps (1834-1912)
Sung to POSEN, composed in 1691 by George C. Strattner (1650-1704)


Psalm 25:5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

V. 1 Father, lead me day by day,
Ever in Thine own sweet way;
Teach me to be pure and true;
Show me what I ought to do.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

V. 2 When in danger, make me brave;
Make me know that Thou canst save;
Keep me safe by Thy dear side;
Let me in Thy love abide.

Psalm 89:13 Thou hast a mighty arm: strong is thy hand, and high is thy right hand.

V. 3 When I'm tempted to do wrong,
Make me steadfast, wise, and strong;
And when all alone I stand,
Shield me with Thy mighty hand.

V. 4 May I do the good I know,
Be Thy loving child below,
Then at last go home to Thee,
Evermore Thy child to be.

No comments: