Bible Verse of the Day

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I Love Your Kingdom, Lord

I Love Your Kingdom, Lord
Text written by Timothy Dwight (1752-1817)
Sung to ST. THOMAS, composed by Aaron Williams in 1770 and printed in "The New Universal Psalmodist"


Psalm 26:8 Lord, I love the house where you live,
the place where your glory dwells.

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.

V. 1 I love Your kingdom, Lord,
The house of Your abode,
The Church our blest Redeemer saved
With His own precious blood.

Isaiah 49:16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are ever before me.

V. 2 I love Your Church, O God!
Her walls before Thee stand 
Dear as the apple of Thing eye,
And graven on Thy hand.

V. 3 Beyond my highest joy
I prize its heavenly ways,
Its sweet communion, solemn vows,
Its hymns of love and praise.

V. 4 Sure as Your truth shall last,
To Zion shall be given
The brightest glories earth can yield,
And brighter bliss of heaven.

No comments: