Bible Verse of the Day

Friday, April 19, 2013

Praise to the Lord

Praise to the Lord
Text written by Joachim Neander (1650-1680), translated in 1863 by Catherine Winkworth
Sung to LOBE DEN HERREN, "Choral Book for England," 1864, as harmonized by Wm. S. Bennett

Psalm 42:11 Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

V. 1 Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation!
O my soul, praise Him, for He is thy health and salvation!
All ye who heart,
Now to His temple draw near;
Join ye in glad adoration!

Psalm 36:7 How priceless is your unfailing love, O God!
People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.

V. 2 Praise to the Lord, who o'er all things so wondrously reigneth,
Shieldeth thee under His wings, yea, so gently sustaineth!
Hast thou not seen
How thy desires e'er have been
Granted in what He ordaineth?

Psalm 23:6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

V. 3 Praise to the Lord, who doth prosper thy work and defend thee;
Surely His goodness and mercy here daily attend thee.
Ponder anew
What the Almighty can do
If with His love He befriend thee.

No comments: