Bible Verse of the Day

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

This Is My Father's World

This Is My Father's World
Text written in 1901 by Maltbie D. Babcock (1858-1901)
Sung to TERRA BEATA, composed in 1915 by Franklin L. Sheppard (1852-1930)


Psalm 24:1 The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.

V. 1 This is my Father's world,
And to my listening ears,
All nature sings, and round me rings
The music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world;
I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas;
His hand the wonders wrought.

V. 2 This is my Father's world,
The birds their carols raise;
The morning light, the lily white,
Declare their Maker's praise.
This is my Father's world;
He shines in all that's fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass,
He speaks to me everywhere.

Psalm 97:1 The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice.

V. 3 This is my Father's world,
O let me ne'er forget
That though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God si the Ruler yet.
This is my Father's world;
Why should my heart be sad?
The Lord is King; let the heavens ring!
God reigns; let the earth be glad.

No comments: