Bible Verse of the Day

Friday, May 31, 2013

All Praise to Thee

All Praise to Thee
Text written in 1674 by Thomas Ken (1637-1711)
Sung to TALLIS' CANON L.M., composed c. 1567 by Thomas Tallis (c. 1505-1585)


Psalm 53:1 The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”
They are corrupt, and their ways are vile; there is no one who does good.

V. 1 All praise to Thee, my God, this night,
For all the blessings of the light!
Keep me, O keep me, King of kings,
Beneath Thine own almighty wings.

Matthew 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.

V. 2 Forgive me, Lord, for Thy dear Son,
The ill that I this day have done,
That with the world, myself, and Thee,
I, ere I sleep, at peace may be.

Proverbs 3:24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid;
when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.

V. 3 O may my soul on Thee repose;
And with sweet mine eyelids close,
Sleep, that may me more vigorous make
To serve my God when I awake.

Psalm 148:1, 2 Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord from the heavens; praise him in the heights above. Praise him, all his angels; praise him, all his heavenly hosts.

V. 4 Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

No comments: