Bible Verse of the Day

Sunday, May 26, 2013

O for a Heart to Praise My God!

O for a Heart to Praise My God!
Text written in 1742 by Charles Wesley (1707-1788)
Sung to BEATITUDO, composed in 1875 by John B. Dykes (1823-1876)

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

V. 1 O for a heart to praise my God!
A heart from sin set free,
A heart that always feels Thy blood,
So freely shed for me.

Proverbs 23:26 My son, give me your heart
and let your eyes delight in my ways.

V. 2 A heart resigned, submissive, meek,
My dear Redeemer's throne,
Where only Christ is heard to speak,
Where Jesus reigns alone.

V. 3 A heart in every thought renewed,
And full of love divine,
Perfect, and right, and pure, and good,
A copy, Lord, of Thine.

Revelation 3:12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

V. 4 Thy nature, gracious Lord, impart;
Come quickly from above;
Write Thy new name upon my heart,
Thy new, best name of Love.

No comments: