Bible Verse of the Day

Monday, May 27, 2013

Lord of All Nations

Lord of All Nations
Text written by Olive Wise Spannaus (1916 - ?)
Sung to MELROSE LM, composed by Frederick C. Maker (1844-1927)

Acts 10:34, 35 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right."

V. 1 Lord of all nations, grand me grace
To love all people, every race,
And in each person may I see
My kindred loved, redeemed by Thee.

Ephesians 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility.

V. 2 Break down the wall that would divide
Thy children, Lord, on every side.
My neighbor's good let me pursue;
Let Christian love bind warm and true.

Hebrews 6:6 ...and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. 

V. 3 Forgive me, Lord, where I have erred
By loveless act and thoughtless word.
Make me to see the wrong I do
Will crucify my Lord anew.

V. 4 Give me Thy courage, Lord, to speak
Whenever strong oppress the weak.
Should I myself the victim be,
Help me forgive, rememb'ring Thee.

V. 5 With Thine own love may I be filled
And by Thy Holy Spirit willed,
That all I touch, where'er I be,
May be divinely touched by Thee.

No comments: