Bible Verse of the Day

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Just as I Am, Thine Own to Be

Just as I Am, Thine Own to Be
Text written in 1887 by Marianne Hearn (1834-1909)
Sung to JUST AS I AM, composed in 1893 by Joseph Barnby (1838-1896)


1 Chronicles 29:5 ...For the gold work and the silver work, and for all the work to be done by the craftsmen. Now, who is willing to consecrate themselves to the Lord today?

V. 1 Just as I am, Thine own to be,
Friend of the young, who lovest me,
To consecrate myself to Thee,
O Jesus Christ, I come.

V. 2 In the glad morning of my day,
My life to give, my vows to pay,
With no reserve and no delay,
With all my heart I come.

V. 3 I would live ever in the light;
I would work ever for the right;
I would serve Thee with all my might;
Therefore, to Thee I come.

Psalm 42:8 By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me—
a prayer to the God of my life.

V. 4 Just as I am, young, strong, and free,
To be the best that that I can be
For truth, and righteousness, and Thee,
Lord of my life, I come.

No comments: