Bible Verse of the Day

Friday, May 10, 2013

Lord, Speak to Me

Lord, Speak to Me
Text written in 1872 by Frances Ridley Havergal (1836-1879)
Sung to CANONBURY, arranged in 1839 from Robert A. Schumann (1810-1856)


Romans 14:7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 

V. 1 Lord, speak to me, that I may speak
In living echoes of Thy tone;
As Thou hast sought, so let me seek
Thy erring children lost and lone.

Isaiah 58:7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?

V. 2 O lead me, Lord, that I may lead
The wandering and the wavering feet;
O feed me, Lord, that I may feed
Thy hungering ones with manna sweet.

Psalm 40:2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.

V. 3 O strengthen me, that while I stand
Firm on the Rock, and strong in Thee,
I may stretch out a loving hand
To wrestlers with the troubled sea.

No comments: