Bible Verse of the Day

Monday, May 13, 2013

Jesus, Priceless Treasure

Jesus, Priceless Treasure
Text written by Johann Franck (1618-1677), translated by Catherine Winkworth (1827-1878)
Sung to JESU, MEINE FREUDE, melody composed by Johann Cruger (1598-1662), as arranged by Johann S. Bach (1685-1750)


Psalm 42:2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?

1 Corinthians 6:20 You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

V. 1 Jesus, priceless treasure,
Source of purest pleasure,
Truest Friend to me:
Ah! how long I've panted,
And my heart has fainted,
Thirsting, Lord, for Thee.
Thine I am, O spotless Lamb,
I will suffer naught to hide Thee, 
Nought I ask beside Thee.

Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemies before you, saying, "Destroy them!"

Psalm 46:2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.

V. 2 In Thine arm I rest me;
Foes who would molest me
Cannot reach me here;
Though the earth be shaking,
Every heart be quaking,
Jesus calms my fear;
Sin and hell in conflict fell
With their bitter storms assail me:
Jesus will not fail me.

John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

V. 3 Hence all fears and sadness! 
For the Lord of gladness,
Jesus enters in;
Those who love the Father,
Tho' the storms may gather,
Still have peace within;
Yea, whate'er I here must bear,
Still in Thee lies purest pleasure,
Jesus, priceless treasure!


No comments: