Bible Verse of the Day

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Come, My Way

Come, My Way
Text written by George Herbert (1593-1633)
Sung to COME, MY WAY, composed by Alexander Brent Smith (1889-1950)

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

V. 1 Come, my Way, my Truth, my Life:
Such a Way, as gives us breath;
Such a Truth, as ends all strife;
Such a Life, as killeth death.

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

V. 2 Come, my Light, my Feast, my Strength:
Such a Light, as shows a feast;
Such a Feast, as mends in length;
Such a Strength, as makes His guest.

Psalm 43:4 Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight.
I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God.

V. 3 Come, my Joy, my Love, my Heart:
Such a Joy, as none can move;
Such a Love, as none can part;
Such a Heart, as joys in love.

No comments: